Friday 5 August 2011

Bikes and a birthday

Frankly, I prefer the bikes in this Video (after yesterday's silly aircraft video of faked images). The bikes are real-world solid creations. Some are even real and practical everyday rides; some not so practical; and one or two are purely artworks - love the skeleton!
Now, whose birthday is it today? Clue: it's his 81st. Hmm. All right. That gave away that it's a fella. 'Nother clue. He was a month short of 39 in July 1969 when we all heard about him. Of course. Neil Armstrong, first human officially on the moon. Oops. Did I say that? Anyway, back when I was a kid in the '40s wondering when the first moon-landing would occur... sometime in my lifetime, I reckoned, and at that time MOST ADULTS thought this was way-out science fiction... I NEVER PICKED that The First Man In The Moon was, in fact, almost nine years my senior.
Pity about the Oops. Tell you about that one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment