Saturday 17 December 2011

Adelaide or bussed. Beauty in Eden.

I have never actually travelled by bus to the state capital. My elderly Verada is looking at a serious timing-chain job in the new year now that it has hit the 200,000 kilometres. I wonder if they can do a similar job on humans.
Friday was another of my There and Back Again expeditions (7am to 8pm) to keep an appointment for retinal photography... one of those things that lets ophthalmologists refer business to other ophthalmologists and employ chirpy staff. It was a 35 degree early summer day with a breeze and pleasant if you're not standing in the sun. I even had time for some mild shopping with a Myer voucher from before I gave the flick to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
There was even time to fit in a movie at the Palace Cinema... I was the sole audience for a screening of The Ides of March, a review of which had intrigued me. Good film, horrible subject - chicanery in US politics in the Ohio "primaries", a fictional scenario with rival Democrat candidates in the lead-up to an unspecified Presidential campaign. From the play "North Farragut", the movie is the creation of George Clooney who directed, and also co-produced, co-wrote and co-starred (with Ryan Gosler and Philip Hoffman). Go see it if you need a downer after too much Christmas cheer.
I had the great pleasure of catching up with friends who have moved from Gawler to North Adelaide and have set up The Garden of Eden business in classy Jerningham Street. Rosie is a beautician of twelve years' experience and Jon has launched into Energy Work therapy. Both are inspirational to spend time around... a perfect antidote to the Clooney movie


No comments:

Post a Comment