Monday 6 December 2010

Yay! US Postal Service. A party. Kuwait?

Another week has come around. Monday night. The weekend was a bit of a waste of space, but at least I got to read the first book of Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking series, "The Knife of Never Letting Go". The dog is definitely one of the more endearing characters in recent fiction. It's a science fiction scenario, classic setting - a "colony world" where things have gone seriously wrong - but fresh in language and in the addressing of social issues while still being a rattling good adventure yarn. My difficulty is that Book Two has got lost somewhere in transit. The US Postal Service sent me a strange and barely literate email to say it had been returned to them undelivered "insufficiently addressed" (why not returned to the sender bookshop??) and that I could come and collect it in person.

But at least I'm going tomorrow to an end-of-year lunch, call it a party, which will restore my bonhomie and  blood sugar.

No more vids for now. That wretched talking cat was the last straw.

Stats for this blog in November showed me that the biggest contingent of visitors were from America, then Australia, with a reasonable representation from the UK, Russia ... and Kuwait, plus venturesome souls from elsewhere; Hungary, Malaysia (where I lived for three years as a kid). Never made it to Hungary but would like to - a land of mystery. Thanks everyone for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment